Thursday, February 10, 2011

Timelessness

It all started the day I was born

Let me be clear – the day I took on the physical form

The clock ticked and my birth certificate read – 16:55 hours

And thus began my journey with time…

Years measured in time, academic records measured by time, even my height it seemed was measured by time…strange were the ways of the world it seemed.

They always said…in good time, and I often wondered if time was aware of the journey it took.

Blamed and cursed; rejoiced and celebrated – all emotions did it bare

And there it stood again, a timeless entity – knower of all, the face of me.


All milestones tracked, achievements celebrated, failures scribed and history chronicled – all with a single measure of time.

Yet it stood still, the path to eternity… un-phased, unruffled, non judgmental, self absorbing….it stood still watching it all, the endless cycles of life and death.

And I am somehow part of this mysterious web, which no one seems to fathom.


It seems to exist exclusively for me, yet exclusive I am not.

Tightly woven in its grip, rocked on a swing of haves and have-nots.

With a swift hand I was at the pinnacle of success, only to be dropped into the abyss of despair. Was there a message I was missing, I riddle waiting to be solved?

To rise to the challenge, to understand time….crazy it seems to understand one that cannot be heard, felt or seen. Yet its presence overpowering, it influence unmistakable and there it stood becoming the face of me.


A timeless eternity, that held me dearly… showing the way to ‘just be’

To experience it all and yet stand aloof to watch a mystery unravel under a hoof

For the unseen eye, it calls upon the heart…to bear witness of sight and silence of mind. Knower and doer take one form and fall in step with the sheer timelessness of it all.

- Wiseldress

10 February 2011

No comments: