Friday, January 20, 2006

Invading Privacy … Power Play ….Guilty As Charged

….Phones being tapped…secret photographs being taken…personal databases being made available to the government as well as the public…personal counseling data no longer being personal & much, much more…

“Where does all this end?”…I was asked by a very dear friend of mine. “Someone has to do something about it. People need to be treated with respect…Everyone is entitled to their secrets & private lives…No one has the right to take it away from us”…I was told.

I listened in stunned silence….Wow !....I had never really thought of it in such a way [truth being...I had never really cared to think about it at all]….Such passion & commitment to fighting for individual rights…truly moved me…Yes, it moved me to think about what was happening….& for the life of me I could not fathom the magnitude of the problem !

I have friends blogging about the importance of maintaining privacy at all levels …friends who have made it their cause to fight for the underdog….But for me I found all this hugely entertaining…So what if somebody knows your darkest secrets, your deepest fears or your most treasured memories…Is it really that BAD?

Are we so small and confined in our selves, that we feel the need to keep things under lock & key constantly….& yet we talk about growing, developing & finding the real Me…Please tell me Howz that possible?...when at no time are we ready to share. We are obsessed with ourselves & those around us…we guard & protect those we love [but from who … I ask]….we feel the need to draw boundaries….to keep secrets…And the natural result of this is – we as human beings like to solve mysteries…like to uncover what is hidden, it gives us a sense of accomplishment…a sense of self worth & we feel good about it in some screwed way & what’s wrong I wonder.

In my opinion…we grow when we open ourselves to the world…share our sorrows & joys...do as we want without fear of being judged. The other mortals will rejoice in the gossip & scandal we provide…So big deal…Why rob them of their small pleasures…I ask?...They will soon discover that its not worth the effort because of the lack of attention….while most of us on the other hand are so stuck up about what happened – that we just do not let go…& carry the baggage all our lives.

We resist these traits in other people because we at some level posses them & are unable to accept it as part of us…thus we begin to judge those who judge us or those who or those who do wrong or things we don’t like or don’t believe in…

…What if we just accept them as well as ourselves for who we are & just Be…wouldn’t that be so much simpler…But, NO…we give in to our ego so easily & thus the ‘Power Game’ begins…never to end !

...And then there were those, who came up to me & said – “You are the worst of us all, at least we fight & stand for something – You on the other hand are just indifferent & don’t care…This is the worst crime of All”…..To them I say – ‘Guilty As Charged’…Yes, you speak the truth….I have no opinions, no judgments to make or causes to fight for…for I have no boundaries & no distinctions. Yes, I am the worst of the lot…for I am You !

13 comments:

Mindi916 said...

Hey, I think your on to something. If you are referring to the Bush administration tapping phones, I say riht on.
SO what if he tapped phones? He wasn't selling the information to Star magazine. He was doing so to keep us safe.
And Americans don't have a right to privacy-no where in the constitution is that stated or insinuated.
Besides, why be afraid if you have nothing to hide?
=)
Enjoyed your post!

Wiseldress said...

Very interesting comment...who are u?
...U have so missed the bigger picture & clung on to the micro details.
...People have an uncanny knack of surprising me constantly!
But thnx for stopping by & penning down ur views :)

Anonymous said...

Noorie, what am I gonna do with you?????
What you speak of of nothing to hide and I AM YOU is right at your level of consioussness...and it takes a while to get there IMO.

IMO Privacy is one of our fundemental rights, not a privelage granted. we all have dark secrets and things we dont want know, and its is each of our personal choices wheater or not we want them in the open. NO ONE MODEL WORLKS FOR ALL. In this sceanario it becomes very important to protect these rights not just for the underdogs but for everyone else, becuase you only have the freedoms you will willing to give others...and freedom really means freedom of choice....i should be allowed to choose if I care or not to have my communication tapped and that choice needs to be respected. if that choice is not respected then you have arrived at a totalitarian system or what I call the FOURTH REICH and you have people like Czar Bush taking away your essential liberties/rights in the name of security.

This is not a question of privacy, its more that that, its a question of having ones indiviaul choice respected!!!!!!

enough of my rambling

peace

Wiseldress said...

Ok...its a very polite way of saying i have lost it..Thank U!

But i see no difference in what u say & what i have said...there are always choices & u will be respected for them...No one can take them from u...not even ur friend Czar Bush...no matter how much he tries & that is something u got to realise [Everything is a passing phase]. U cannot let external circumstances [people / situations] affect u...the minute u do u get stuck in an endless loop.

I get what ur saying & it makes total sense at one level...what i am asking u to do is move to level 2 & see if it is really worth the effort.

BTW... u said NO ONE MODEL WORLKS FOR ALL...u r damn right...thats b'coz there is no Model!

Love ur ramblings...keep it going ;)

Anonymous said...

hahah Nooorie oh Noorie
I am willing to move up to the next level, however the point is not that, the point is that unless humanity as a whole moves up there is no point in me just moving Saba

Model, Maps, they are useful but its important not to mistake the map for the territory, the maps serves a purpose to show the path to walk, same with the model... ultimately you do arrive at no models...which some would say also is a model (Advaita Vedanta in its non dualism can also be percieved as a model)

The point is the things we discuss here are pre verbal and post verbal...and yet we are trying to langauge it.. so it gets a lil hard...

I think we are in agreement on most points...the only difference being that I do not want to move to level 2 leaving behind others... afterall what fun is it... ;)

M


PS Do I need to tell you that you have lost it...god damn it... the title of clueless wanderer gave me a clue :)

Much love and peace from one wanderer to another

Wiseldress said...

Nice excuse Mahi....if ur gonna wait for humanity to move up u might as well stay where u are.
...Besides when u move up...humanity automatically moves up b'coz at that point ur perspective automatically changes & that’s all there is.
Btw..u right about ‘languaging’ stuff...it has its constraints.

Luv…Noorie

PS: I know from where this coming…Plsss stop over analyzing everything.

Anonymous said...

if I AM YOU
how can i move up without you..
just a thought

ok ok will stop analysising..be well

Latha said...

since when did u begin to have a private existence?

;)

Wiseldress said...

Private....whats that???????????
....How can one limit ones self by drawing boundries...like 'Privatential Existance' !

Sacrilege :)

Anonymous said...

good lord. privacy is a right of choice IMO. But then you could make a different choice..

L - nice post on my blog, will respond in full when i have a chance

Wiseldress said...

mayur u dont understand...by trying to keep a part of u private u are denying urself a lot more which is more private....& that is what i seek. So if i have to give up or open a part of me to understand & be aware of the greater secrets, so be it...that is indeed my choice !

Anonymous said...

saba
I understand! My point is everyperson needs to be "empowered" to make that choice and open up when s/he chooses to open, not before/not after...but when s/he chooses

love and regards

Wiseldress said...

...but everyone is empowered mayur, its just that they don’t realise it & those who do realise it find it difficult to accept it, b'coz they have no where else to look but within themselves. We are so used to looking outside us for all answers & solutions that it’s pretty scary to see that we encompass & embody everything. Once we realise the source of truth is within us all choices become easy...infact there will be no choice / duality at that point...and pls don’t tell me that it takes time to reach that stage .... all it takes is 'a moment of truth', but we are too scared to be honest with ourselves even for that one moment [U & I alike].

There are those who constantly look at scriptures & other works of philosophy & literature to get an understanding of themselves or to discover themselves...& then there are those who speak & write purely from experience & their work & life becomes as powerful as the scriptures, philosophies & literary works that others refer to. It is these people we seek & are constantly drawn too. It should also be noted here that all scriptures, works of philosophy & literature were born out of the experience of some seeker who dared to look at the truth within himself & that is why all their works have such a profound effect on us.

Nothing has quiet an effect on us as the 'the Truth of Discovery' !
… & I pray that U, I & all the other seekers find that moment of truth soon.

Love, Peace & Light Always :)