Wednesday, March 15, 2006

All Of Me

Not a very long time ago as I walked by myself in my then formless state, in what is in today’s language called sheer light…an absolutely absurd thought struck me – What if I could break my self…I mean disintegrate into a zillion pieces – how fascinating would that be….i wondered.

I would be able to live each of my desires in entirety, creating and taking ‘n’ number of forms. Truly enthralling would such a play be …. and since I would be a part of every tiny little Me and I could stop the play whenever I wanted and could join the bigger Me in becoming the whole ‘I’ once more.

Though by breaking myself up into so many smaller Me’s I would also be creating what is commonly now known as islands of darkness….but it is only though this Darkness that Light would once more be.

A crazy thought it was, not to mention a very impulsive decision if I ever gave into it….but on the other hand what did I have to lose? Absolutely Nothing [I rationalized]…. cauz there is nothing other than me …..and it is impossible to lose Me to Me so I though why not give it a shot !

It was in that insane moment, that I gave into that thought of mine --- like I gave into a zillion others….soon to become bored with each of my thoughtless games. I am sure that it is boredom and nothing else that drives me into coming up with these strange thoughts. In the words of one of my later forms to be ‘Man’ – ‘It was the lazy who invented the wheel’ and in my case it was the bored who invented himself. Whatever be the case & whatever may be said I was sure my new game would be an extraordinarily exciting play….

Just as I was about to disintegrate, another thought struck me….How would I be able to recognise Me, once I broke into so many littler Me’s….especially when I would be taking so many zillion forms?

I could be the trees & flowers and fruits that would bear them OR the oceans and the seas and all the creature in them OR I could fly in my air and tease the other little Me’s that would walk the earth – four legged creatures & some two legged ones too….Ohhh my creation seems endless.

With all this happening there is bound to be some confusion… Each little Me would be speaking in its own tongue to its own kind – how then will I interact with a different Me who is in a different form?....And even if I was amongst my own kind, how would I know and tell the other Me….that its all just ME – one & the same !

Questions like this would drive the smaller Me’s, who haven’t seem the bigger whole Me absolutely insane---there had to be a way out of this loop of mine.

So I thought hard and very hard indeed only to realise how stupid the thought itself had been….for, since I was a part of every little Me, all I would have to do is see the light through the darkness in Me…..No matter how small the Me I turn out to be, a speck of light is all I would need to see the Me & once I see the light of Me, I will begin to see it in everything around Me….Gradually all the little Me’s would begin to integrate to once again become the complete ME.

Wow….this seems to beat all the other games I created till date…. I will call it the ‘I-Me’ Game.

Having now worked out all the details of the ‘I-Me’ Game I finally disintegrated into a zillion pieces of light, scattering myself through darkness – all of which was Me.

Now I wait and watch all the little Me’s in all their various forms, walk the path of discovery sooner or later, seeking and seeing the light, which is the essence of every Me….finally unfolding into the bigger, whole & complete ME !

I can see that the play has begun and is well under way…but how long will it take for every little Me to see the light in Me…..A zillion years maybe….but what’s the hurry, I am here for eternity !

To all the other Me’s who have already seen Me in themselves and all those around them & who now have merged with Me…becoming the bigger I, I say….lets watch my play the ‘I-Me’ Game, now from this side of the fence……

……But How long would it take for those foolish little Me’s to realise that the fence is also ME !

...................................................................................

Kisi Shayar Ne Kaha…..

Yeh saara khel hai mera,
Mujh me sama kar to dekho,

Khuda ko dekhna hai to
Phele khud ko mita kar to dekho.

Yeh raaz bahut hai gahera
Isme zara doob ke to dekho,

Noor ko samajh na hai to
Phele Noor ban ke to dekho !


God Bless & Lots of Luv,

~Saba Khadri~

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saba

Great post, a very interestign way of looking at I from the ME perspective.

This is where it gets fun IMO, i.e., who does the I realize its indivuality as apart, and find its way back to ME in a conscious way.. the conscious I's realitionship with the ME in essensce becomes man's intent..in other words, how the small self/I fits in with the Bigger Self/Me - and doing so consciously...

What a lovely thought experiment to experience what I think is Man's search for meaning in life... meaning here is the conscious unfolding of the I to ME

GREAT POST MY FRIEND

M

Dr. Sanjana Mehta aka Maya said...

Hey Noor,

Don't forget to email Feroze our proposals on Adolescent Health blah blah and the shorter version of MTG.

Thanks!

Sanjana xxx

Noor said...

Contemplative thinking is the only way.
Keep 'em(the posts, ofcourse) coming.

--Ruhi

Wiseldress said...

Many Thnx Mayur that was a v sweet & v v v insightful comment....I was not expecting anyone to write what u did...cauz it would take only someone who has experienced it talk about it. To understand it is one thing, to see it is yet another thing but to experience it is a whole different ball game.

U r absolutely right when u say that the fun actually starts now...when the Me starts to find its way back to the I in a conscious state...I see the unfolding has begun for u too...this is where all paths merge & all goals are one!

N-joy the experience & the journey

Saba

Wiseldress said...

Sanj...have already done it, have copied u in...will keep u posted on the latest.
U just chill...tell me how different is meditating in Vietnam compared to India.

Try & hang out as much with the locals both in Thailand & Vietnam....jot down all the interesting stuff & u can put that on ur blog...it would be gr8....get lots of pics :)

C u back in B'lore in 2 weeks...in the meantime as I told u earlier…I too would be tied up with my experiments of soughts & might be difficult to reach.

U go gal & have a blast...
Lots of luv,

N

Anonymous said...

Interesting play of words.
Btw, where are you???

Luv
L

Ps: Hi M, hope you are doing fine? We owe you a treat, when are you coming down?
Unable to trace N, any luck from ur side?

Anonymous said...

hi L

am doing ok, have not seen u around in a while
btw have some new thoughts about your statements on matter and energy... IMO u have left out one part of the equation..more on it later
am doing ok, hope all is good with you

Anonymous said...

have stopped checking out blogs.
just stopped by as a last resort to find N-v unlike her.
matter and enegy-all thoughts are welcome, when u have time.

L

Dr. Sanjana Mehta aka Maya said...

Noor, miss you tons. i am in b'kok and is about 3am here. kind of sick with flu so couldnt sleep and decided to message you. hows the meditation and what-not going?
lots of love
sanjana

Wiseldress said...

Latu ur the dearest....i am so daft, had drafted the mail telling what i am up to & forgot to send it.
Anyway, u being u ... u soon discovered what i was up to.

Absolutely luv u !

Wiseldress said...

Sanju...am so glad to have u back...and that too in one piece !
Ur an angel !

muzzammil said...

"Noor ko samajh na hai to
Phele Noor ban ke to dekho "
does this mean for you
ha ha ha ha ha..........
just joking Ma'am
anyway a great way to recive aur badi hi Qubsurat shayari hai
may God bless you