Monday, March 06, 2006


This is for one of my dearest and sweetest of friends.
The one who gave up her name & fame and has come back home to start afresh…. to make a difference in the land she calls home…to follow her dreams, though distant & unknown.

The decision was tough & I saw her struggle
But she made the transition – the little muggle.

Sanju this is for u…for you had the guts to do what very few could do.

Here’s a poem….that is close to my heart…one I came across in my wanderings of sorts…all credit to the Poet Unknown !


Transitions….

A haunting feeling knocks at the door,
if only to scare you and make you unsure.
In with the new & out with the old,
a new story is about to unfold.

A series of opposites at a moment in time,
a glimpse of reality as it starts to unwind.
Caught in the emotion of fear in your heart,
controlling the feelings from the end to the start.

Been there before and it certainly gets old,
a place we all frequent ...a story untold.
In toward the new and beyond your threshold,
fire turned to ashes, your life put on hold.

Learn how to touch the secret inside,
as you travel through time with no thoughts in your mind.
Examine those feelings from stress & hard times,
and find new directions in the back of your mind.

...Or to constantly repeat life with the same dues to pay,
is like waking each morning on that same Groundhog Day!
So remember the future ~ now there's an odd twist,
see through the illusion ...just make one wish.

Feast on the intellect, accept not demand.
a striking resemblance to new lines in your hand.
It can't be so bad to accept change and grow,
Life’s great lesson... you reap what you sow.

You move to new places…coming back to the old,
The game that you started has gone pretty bold.
Look in towards the mirror ...focus & behold,
see beyond illusion; while removing the blindfold.

A new path way…a hidden gate
All wait you in a blissful state !


Welcome Back Sanju !

Lots of Luv
~Saba Khadri~

15 comments:

Noor said...

Hey Sanjana..welcome back..come home sometime & this time I'll try to be around :)

--Ruhi

Dr. Sanjana Mehta aka Maya said...

Hey Noor honey,

Thanks you for beautiful words and a very pertinent poem. I am not poetic, so won't even attempt to thank you with a poem, but just want to say that you words have helpes reduce my anxiety. It feels soooooo good to have your support and I look forward to long and successful collaborations with you.

lots of love and hugs

sanjana

ps: see you tomorrow morning at 8:45 am. Will give you the hugs in person then :)

Dr. Sanjana Mehta aka Maya said...

Hey Ruhi,

Thanks for this. Yes, I think I am going to be a frequent visitor to your house. Hopefully see you soooooooon.

luv
s

ps: so happy to hear that you are doing so well at work.

Anonymous said...

My gosh, that is such an amazing poem, from where do you get them?
You have dedicated it to your friend I see-it’s lovely.
I live abroad and the poem is so apt to my current state.
It has helped me overcome a lot of fears that I had about my future.

Kudos to a great blog, great work & a great person.

Keep it going.

Wiseldress said...

Ok...whoever u r...many thnx.

But please don’t leave anonymous comments...It kinda spooks me out.

I know who my anonymous friends are, but have absolutely no clue as to who u are...
...so next time you stop by & feel the need to leave a comment on my blog, be sure to tell me a tad bit about urself & do sign in....i am sure you have a fabulous name, then y keep it in hiding !

Dr. Sanjana Mehta aka Maya said...

Noor,

I was going through some old cards, letters etc and I came across something that Kevin (one of those American exchange students that I'd hosted when we were in Mount C). It says, 'the real voyage of discovery lies not in going to new places, but having new eyes'.

love you

s

Dr. Sanjana Mehta aka Maya said...

Noor,

I want to post something new on my blog - how do I do it??!!

yours dimly

s

Dr. Sanjana Mehta aka Maya said...

honeybun,

I can see loads of room for improvement on these blog sites. Even though more comments are added to a post, the site doesn't seem to record these additions or at least not for a long time. Do you know why this happens?

yours curiously
s

Wiseldress said...

That’s so true Sanj...Kevin is right.. 'the real voyage of discovery lies not in going to new places, but having new eyes'. The only difference of opinion i have is - that the real voyage of discovery lies not in having new eyes but by simply opening one's eyes...I guess it's the same...just restructuring of words.

Wiseldress said...

Sanj sugar...u ask the darnest Q's....just login to ur blog, go to add post...write down or paste whatever you want & click on the publish icon...that’s it :)

Yeah.. ur right there is lots of scope for improvement on the blog, especially when u need to edit comments and have accidentally published them...u can do nothing about it but delete them...the option to edit them should be provided.

If your unable to see your comments after u publish them...just press the refresh button...it should appear immediately...there is no reason y there should be a delay unless there is a server problem.

U know what apart from our social service schemes for mobile users & bus drivers...soon the two of us will be getting into Blog Mngt ;)

Bemused
N

Dr. Sanjana Mehta aka Maya said...

Noor,

Thanks for your guidance. I now have a brand new post on my site!

I told my parents about our mobile phone project and they were v sceptical. My dad suggested I should begin by posting leaflets around Sena Vihar and JVV to get an initial response. In any case my mum said she'll definitely patronise us :)

Have a lovely Sunday.
Hugs, Sanjana

Dr. Sanjana Mehta aka Maya said...

Noor,

Why don't you blog anymore :((

I have to say I am really impressed by your confidence, assertiveness and determination. I have so much to learn from you and I need to stop feeling so intimidated. You know what I am talking about...

See you tomorrow at 9:30am.
lots of love
sanjana

Dr. Sanjana Mehta aka Maya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dr. Sanjana Mehta aka Maya said...

Noor,

where are you? I am actually on yahoo with deepthy!! Sorry about wrong info, but was all excited. She was filling me in on Gangadharaya's life etc. Apparently he was teaching law in MLA? MAL? law college!!!! These crazy people. And the last time I bumped into him he was doing a bloody PhD on the mental health of some tribal group! Crazy crazy crazy

Wiseldress said...

Sanj...yesterday was hilarious.
Chatting with Deepthy @ this hour....unthinkable & just tell her to go to bed.
Good for Christine....but we most definitely can’t get back with the M.Sc gang...we had enough of all of them...i would die if we had some kind of a get together….Imagine all gang coming with their spouses & children ….i just wouldn’t know what to say to them…and u & I being know for our snobbish behaviour would be made the butt of all jokes & topic for gossip for ages…

Mr. G teaching law....shocking...First he does his Phd [I wonder if he completed it or just bought his way thru’ like everything else] & now this...How is it possible...he must have used his underworld contacts...am so sure.

Do u remember the time when I stood for the presidential elections & how Mr. G kept threatening me to back down...and finally he bribed the juniors telling them he would get them all the notes for exams & make sure they had all the facilities & whatever they wanted, if they elected him...Also the no: of fights that guy got into & how he threatened MFJ too....to top it all he couldn’t even speak a word of English & was always trying to impress u & u ofcourse were so petrified of him...Gosh, teaching law, I cant believe this...he must be teaching all the unlawful things !

Absolutely crazy...